We kicked off Summer 2016 with a late afternoon trip to Bermejales Lake.
Los Bermejales is Poniente Granadino’s very own inland beach and is a great place for water sports, building sand castles and relaxation.
It’s always quiet here.
In the cold of the winter, it’s a great place to just sit back, enjoy the magnificent view and soak in the sun.
In the summer, it gets a little bit busy. But not too busy that you can’t find a little nook just for yourself.
Los Bermejales is where you go if you want somewhere quiet surrounded by olive groves and a breathtaking view. It’s also good for families with kids.
What To Do
Like many other lakes in Andalucia, there are many activities that you can do here.
- Have a picnic. There’s a picnic area with tables and benches, but if you want to go a bit more “wild”, there are other places too where you can spread a mat and lay down a picnic basket.Remember though that during the summer season (about June to October), starting a fire is prohibited and the fine can be steep.
- Go Swimming. Duh. 🙂 It’s cold in the winter, but some people do brave it. In the height of summer, it’s a good alternative to the swimming pool.
- Go Camping. Camping Los Bermejales is open the whole year. It’s a big place and can get full in the summer so make sure you make reservations.
- Do Water Sports. Not far from the camping place, you can rent various sports equipment such as kayaks, pedalos, paddle boards, etc.
- Cycling . There’s a route that goes around the lake. Bring your own bicycle or you can rent one from the camp site.
- Walking/Hiking. It can get very hot in the middle of the day in the summer but later afternoon or early morning is a great place to explore the surrounding area.
- Birdwatching. Check this site for info on Bermejales birdwatching.
- Rock Climbing, Paintball and More. The Campsite offers these services. Check out the activities page on their site.